Baked Tortellini Alfredo
I love, love, love Italian food! There, I said it! And if you do too, you will be a big fan of my Baked Tortellini Alfredo.
Seems that I have been making tortellini for the biggest part of my life. Over the years, I have perfected the way that I make said tortellini. Baking it in a cast-iron skillet with cheesy goodness on top really adds another dimension to the already delicious dish.
This is the Best Baked Tortellini Alfredo, and here is why:
- By using frozen tortellini and jarred alfredo sauce, it could not be easier.
- The pork and beef tortellini provides additional protein to this easy recipe.
- Use the cast-iron skillet as the serving dish at the table for a unique presentation.
To make this recipe, you will need:
- tortellini – I like pork and beef
- alfredo sauce – I like roasted garlic parmesan
- mushrooms – presliced is easiest
- onion – yellow or white
- pepperoni – I like mini
- cheese – Italian
- tomatoes – cherry or grape works best
Join me as we make this easy recipe.
A full printable recipe is available in the recipe card toward the end of this post.
- Fill a large stock pot half full of water, and heat on high to boiling.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add some olive oil and saute the onion and mushrooms until they are tender.
- Add the tortellini to the boiling water. When all the pasta floats, they are done.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet ingredients. Add the pepperoni and the alfredo sauce, and mix well.
- Top off the pasta with the tomatoes, and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bakes in just 15 minutes.
- Use cheese tortellini, which is more readily available.
- You may like the true alfredo sauce which you can find down the pasta aisle.
- Chicken would be a nice addition to the recipe.
- Mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese would work nicely here.
- While you are sauteing the mushrooms and onions, why not add in some sliced bell peppers.
The most important thing about this recipe is that there are no rules.
This is a very versatile recipe with many different variations. So let your imagination run wild!
What should I serve with this recipe?
I like to serve pasta with a nice crusty bread, breadsticks, or rolls with garlic spice. A nice salad with an Italian or creamy Italian dressing works well also.
How long will this dish keep in the refrigerator?
This dish will keep well in the refrigerator for up to five days. But no worries. They will like it so well, it will disappear quickly.
Since this dish is cream based, I do not recommend freezing it.
If you like this recipe, please like and share it–Thanks!
This will quickly become a favorite for your family. One you will make time after time!
- 19 ounces frozen tortellini, pork and beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 ounces mini pepperoni
- 16 ounces roasted garlic parmesan sauce
- 2 handfuls cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Italian shredded cheese
Fill a large stock pot half full of water and bring to a boil. Once the water starts to boil, add the frozen tortellini, reducing the heat slightly. The tortellini are done when they all float to the top. Drain but do not rinse.
While waiting for the water to boil, saute the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet. In about 5 minutes, the vegetables should be tender. Add the mini pepperoni, the sauce, and the previously prepared tortellini and mix well in the skillet.
Throw the 2 handfuls of tomatoes over the top and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until it is hot and bubbly. Carefully remove the hot skillet and serve.
If you made this recipe, please let me know what you thought in the comments and give it a star rating.–xoxo Renea
After you try my Baked Tortellini Alfredo, you will understand why I call it a BEST. For another great creamy pasta recipe, try my Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini Casserole or my Two-tone Lasagna. Check out these great recipes that would be perfect accompaniments to my dish: Chopped Italian Salad Recipe by The View from Great Island; Roasted Garlic Cheese Bread by Kudos Kitchen; Sauteed Vegetables Italian Seasoned by Mom Foodie.
I have been cooking, crafting and gardening for years to Inspire a Creation!