Crab Meat Pasta Salad is one salad everyone can eat, even those allergic to shellfish, because it is made with imitation crab meat (which is actually fish). I’m not sure how, but they process it to have the taste of crab meat.
At a recent seafood boil we hosted, I made this salad for my sister who cannot eat shellfish, and she was able to enjoy the meal. Since salads are so popular over the summer, I am always trying new things to add to my recipe collection, and this one is a keeper. As a dressing for this salad, I really like the combination of Miracle Whip and Imo’s salad dressing. Our Aldi’s usually carries the Imo’s salad dressing. You cannot go wrong with Crab Meat Pasta Salad. This would be delicious alongside my Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
For more cooking tips, see Cook’s Country America’s Test Kitchen.
Crab Meat Pasta Salad:
If you like this recipe, please like and share it!
- 8 ounces tri-color rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup sliced mini carrots
- 3 sliced radishes
- 8 ounces imitation crab meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded colby/monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3/4 cup Imo's salad dressing, or any other cream Italian dressing
Combine all the ingredients and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Did you make this recipe? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments and give it a star rating. Thanks so much!