Want to bring the tastes of fall into your dessert? Try my Cream Cheese Brownies with Pumpkin Swirls for a delicious twist on a traditional brownie.
Cream Cheese Brownies with Pumpkin Swirls
We recently went on our last camping trip for the season. I needed a dessert to make that would not require a large baking pan since my rv oven in not the size that you would typically find in a home. My 7 x 11 baking dish fits in the oven, but much bigger than that would not fit. The main course was going to be fried fish to serve seven people. I knew there would be other desserts because my family does dessert as another course. So my small pan of brownies would be plenty.
These are the BEST cream cheese brownies, and here is why:
- The pumpkin swirls make for a very attractive fall dessert.
- The base starts with a packaged brownie mix which could not be easier.
- The cream cheese swirls are so rich, no icing is needed.
What goes into Cream Cheese Brownies with Pumpkin Swirls?
- brownie mix
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla (not pictured in image)
How to make Cream Cheese Brownies with Pumpkin Swirls:
- Mix together the brownie mix, egg, water, oil and pecans.
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Whisk in the egg, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Divide the mixture in half into two bowls.
- To one of the bowls add the pumpkin
- Spread the brownie mix in the baking dish.
- Dollop the cream cheese filling and the pumpkin filling over the brownies.
- Swirl the mixtures into the brownies and bake.
NOTES–The three most important things about this recipe:
- I used the small package of brownie mix. You could use the larger family-size package. Just make the brownies according to that packaged directions. You will not have as thick of a layer of cream cheese and pumpkin.
- Using a whisk when you beat the cream cheese and pumpkin mixture helps to smooth out lumps. You do not need a completely smooth batter.
- I prefer pecans in my brownies, but you could leave them out.
When should I serve Cream Cheese Brownies with Pumpkin Swirls?
These rich brownies are the perfect fall dessert. In fact, they would also work beautifully for Thanksgiving.
If you like this recipe, please like and share it–Thanks!
These easy brownies would be perfect for fall or Thanksgiving!
- 10.25 ounces brownie mix package
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces canned pumpkin
Mix all the brownie ingredients together until combined and spread in a 7 x 11 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
To a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese. Slowly whisk in the egg a little at a time to smooth out the lumps. Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
Pour half of this mixture into a small bowl. To this bowl, whisk in the pumpkin until smooth.
Dollop the cream cheese mixture and the pumpkin mixture on top of the brownie batter in the pan. Using a butter knife, run the knife through the dollops to make swirls.
Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set and no longer jiggles. The brownies should start to brown around the edges.
If you made this recipe, please let me know what you thought in the comments and give it a star rating–xoxo Renea
After you try this brownie recipe, you will understand why I call it a BEST. Looking for another brownie recipe, try my Easy Nutella Smores Brownies. Sally’s Baking Addiction has a recipe for Seriously Fudgy Homemade Brownies you might like to try.
Click HERE for more about Inspire a Creation.