My Fresh Healthy Berry Smoothie puts all those healthy nutrients from fresh fruit into smoothie drink form–yum! This Cool Whip smoothie has it going on! Shhhh…just don’t tell anyone it’s healthy!
Updated post from June 12, 2018
If you are like me, you don’t always eat the healthiest. We are exposed to so many temptations every day on T.V. and in the stores. And I have to admit I have a sweet tooth. So when I had the idea for this Fresh Healthy Berry Smoothie, it was right up my alley. The berries have natural sugars, and for this reason it makes them healthy.
Here is what makes this a great recipe:
- You can make several up ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- These are easy to transport for travel.
- They’re a quick grab-n-go, even for little hands after school.
- This easy recipe requires five minutes of your time.
To make this Cool Whip smoothie recipe, you will need:
- strawberries and blueberries – fresh is best
- Cool Whip – lite
- yogurt – vanilla light
- whipped topping – for garnish
Let’s get busy making this Cool Whip smoothie.
A full printable recipe is available in the recipe card toward the end of this post.
Note: This recipe can be made in a mini single-serve blender, as I have done, or a full-size blender.
- Layer in the yogurt, fruit and Cool Whip.
- Whirl for a few seconds until everything is incorporated.
- Poor into serving glasses.
- Garnish with canned whipped topping and more fruit.
This recipe could be modified by using any variety of fresh fruit you want. For example, use fresh peaches and swap out the vanilla yogurt for peach.
Question and Answer:
- Can I use frozen fruit? Yes, you could use frozen fruit when fresh fruit is not available.
- I only have whipped topping in a can. Will that work? Yes, it will have a little more air in it which is fine.
When should I serve this Cool Whip smoothie?
This refreshing smoothie would work for breakfast, lunch or snack…think after school.
Refrigerator: 1-2 days
Freezer: 3 months
Why not try a Fresh Healthy Berry Smoothie today and pair it with my Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche with Pineapple. The combination would make a Sunday brunch extra special. Need another recipe using fresh fruit? Try my Cheesecake Fruit Salad. For more recipes like this, see my Drinks and Smoothies category.
With a little help, get the kiddos involved in the preparation of this healthy treat. They can layer in the yogurt, fruit and Cool Whip. Just be sure to provide some assistance when it comes time to whirl them in the blender. Let fresh fruit lead the way to a healthy way for your day!
For more cooking tips, see The Kitchn.
If you like this recipe, please like and share it–Thanks!
I made my Cool Whip smoothie in a mini-blender and stored them in the fridge until ready to use. But you could also make these in a full-sized blender.
- 12 ounces vanilla light yogurt
- 1/2 pint strawberries
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 4 ounces Cool Whip, lite
- light whipped topping for garnish
Layer all the ingredients, except for the garnish, in 2 mini-blender cups or a full-size blender. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. When ready, whirl in the blender until smooth. Garnish with the whipped topping and extra fruit.