I must say, I have found my new go-to recipe for cauliflower. My Mexican Cauliflower adds the right amount of spices to achieve deliciousness.
I have always been a fan of cauliflower. However until now, my preference has been to serve it raw with a ranch dressing dip.
Well boy was I missing out. Roasting cauliflower is absolutely delicious. This process actually caramelizes the cauliflower to a sweet, tender crisp texture.
But don’t take my word for it. You need to experience this tasty creation for yourself. And, this is an excellent way to get more veggies into that gang of yours. They will thank you for it later!
This is the BEST Mexican Cauliflower, and here is why:
- You take control of the heat. If you are not a fan of spicy food, reduce the spices. This will not change the integrity of the recipe.
- Don’t have chipotle chili powder? Use regular chili powder. This will actually make it less spicy.
- By roasting the cauliflower, this brings out the sweetness which offsets the heat from the spices.
To make this recipe, you will need:
- olive oil – extra virgin is best
- chipotle chili pepper – or regular chili pepper
- crushed red pepper
- cheyenne pepper
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- lemon – or lime
How to easily make this recipe:
A full printable recipe is available in the recipe card toward the end of this post.
- Cut and break the cauliflower up into florets
- To a medium bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Add in the cauliflower and stir well to coat the cauliflower.
- Pour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast.
Add some finely-diced red onion for added flavor, color and texture.
The three most important things about this recipe:
- By roasting the cauliflower at a fairly high temperature, you actually caramelize the vegetable.
- Do not crowd the cauliflower on the baking sheet. This will allow it to cook properly.
- I like to use lemons, but you could use lime if you like. Also, in a pinch, you could use the bottled stuff.
What should I serve with this recipe? When should I serve this?
This cauliflower would be great alongside beef tacos, fish tacos, enchiladas or any main course Mexican dish.
In addition to serving this delicious dish as a side, why not serve it as an appetizer? Get your favorite dressing, such as ranch or something a little spicier, and dip to your hearts content.
Can I freeze Mexican Cauliflower?
Yes you can. Simply double bag it in a zip-lock bag and toss in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, thaw it on the counter to room temperature then pop it in the toaster oven for a few minutes to warm or warm in the microwave.
If you like this recipe, please like and share it–Thanks!
This delicious cauliflower recipe has a zip and a zing. You will love it!
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Cut the head of cauliflower up into florets, using half the head for this recipe.
To a medium bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add the cauliflower and mix well again.
On a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, spread out the florets evenly. Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
If you made this recipe, please let me know what you thought in the comments and give it a star rating.–xoxo Renea
After you try my Mexican Cauliflower, you will understand why I call it a BEST. For more great Mexican recipes, try my Fried Mexican Dessert Recipe with Cherries and/or my Pineapple Magarita with Raspberry Sauce.
These main course recipes would be a perfect accompaniment:
Cooking with Momma C, Baked Pork Tenderloin with Glaze
Five Heart Home, Easy Beef Patties with Mushroom Gravy
Wholesome Yum, Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon Recipe