Sparkling Lemon Tea Sangria with Fruit
I took one of my favorite all-time drinks (Arnold Palmer) and added fruit and bubbly. The combination makes the best Sparkling Lemon Tea Sangria with Fruit.
Do you love lemonade and tea? Do you love fruit? Do you love bubbly? Then you meet the requirements for a great all-time boozy cocktail recipe.
Traditionally, sangria is usually made with red wine. However, red wine does not agree with me very well. So when I had the idea to use a white wine, bubbly was the perfect answer. In addition, I have been drinking lemonade tea for years. It is my favorite go-to drink for lunch.
This is the best sangria with fruit, and here is why:
- Since the base of the cocktail recipe starts with lemonade tea, it has already been sweetened.
- You pick the fruit you want to use. In my opinion, the more there is the better.
- You pick the bubbly you want to use. I prefer a sweeter variety for this particular recipe which is not usually the case when I pick a wine.
To make this recipe, you will need:
tea – I prefer to use the iced tea bags that I brew
lemon – this one is for making the lemonade tea
fruit – I use what I have on hand which is usually a combination of fresh and frozen
bubbly alcohol – a sweeter bubbly is my choice
How to easily make this recipe:
A full printable recipe is available in the recipe card toward the end of this post.
- Make your tea in a pitcher. I use tea bags that I brew.
- To the tea, add the juice of 1 lemon and sugar to sweeten. Let the lemonade tea refrigerate until cooled.
- Fill another pitcher with a mixture of fresh and frozen fruit, filling half full.
- Pour the cold tea mixture over the fruit, filling half full and refrigerate.
- Right before serving, either fill the pitcher the rest of the way to the top with the bubbly, or fill your serving glasses half full with the tea and fruit mixture. Then add the bubbly to fill the glass.
The sky is really the limit here on the fruit to use. You could use what I have use: fresh grapes, lemons, apple, pineapple and frozen cherries, blueberries and strawberries. Other options include pears, oranges, blackberries, raspberries, etc. etc.
Use whatever wine or sparkling wine you like. I tend to gravitate toward the drier wines. However, I like a sweeter bubbly for this. In fact, the brut champagne was a little too dry for this drink, in my opinion. For a more traditional sangria, go with a red wine.
The three most important things about this recipe:
- This is an adult beverage, although all the fruit makes it look like something kids would enjoy. Just leave the alcohol out for them.
- If you get a bubbly that is a little too dry for your liking, just add a sweetener to the drink such as sugar, honey or maple syrup.
- You want all your ingredients to be really cold, which makes the best drink. In fact, you could add ice to the drink. It won’t last long so no worries about it getting diluted.
How long can I keep this in my refrigerator?
As long as you do not add the alcohol, the lemonade tea with fruit should last for a couple of days in your refrigerator.
If you like this recipe, please like and share it–Thanks!
My version of Sangria starts with lemonade tea, a combination of fresh and frozen fruit, and ends with a bubbly alcohol.
- 2 family size tea bags
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 cups fruit, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 bottle sparkling wine
Steep the tea in the water for about 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags. Add the sugar and the juice from the lemon and stir well. I like to place the 2 lemon halves into the tea and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Remove the lemon halves. You will have extra tea for another use.
Add you fruit to a pretty pitcher. Fill half full with the lemonade tea. Either refrigerate this mixture a bit to infuse the fruit or serve immediately.
Either add the sparklng wine to fill the pitcher or add the fruit infused tea to fill glasses half full then finish filling with the sparkling wine. Serve immediately.
If you made this recipe, please let me know what you thought in the comments, and give it a star rating.–xoxo Renea
After you try my Sparkling Lemon Tea Sangria with Fruit, you will understand why I call it a best. For another great cocktail recipe, try my Boozy Arnold Palmer with Alcohol. Sangria has been around a long time. Find out more from VinePair in The History of Sangria.