Have you been looking for a healthy alternative to those sugary, processed store-bought salad dressings? Well, look no further than my Vinaigrette Recipe with Raspberries and Yogurt.
Vinaigrette Recipe with Raspberries and Yogurt
I was reading an article the other day about the unhealthy ingredients in store-bought salad dressings, and I was shocked. So I pulled some of my bottles out of the refrigerator, and sure enough, sugar was one of the top two ingredients used in every dressing that I had. Well, I was about to do something about this. I knew that if my dressing was going to have sugar, it was going to be a naturally occurring sugar that is found in fruit. In addition, by adding yogurt to the dressing, I would be adding an ingredient that is very good for digestion–a win, win!
This is the BEST vinaigrette recipe, and here is why:
- You can make a much healthier dressing right at home than what is available on the store shelf.
- Pick which fruits to use or that you have on-hand; you pick whether to use regular or light yogurt.
- You cannot get much fresher than homemade.
To make Vinaigrette Recipe with Raspberries and Yogurt, you will need:
- fresh raspberries – half of the small container
- yogurt – vanilla (regular or light)
- olive oil – extra virgin is best
- vinegar – I like red wine
How to easily make Vinaigrette Recipe with Raspberries and Yogurt:
- Mash the fresh raspberries with a potato masher.
- Whisk in the yogurt
- Whisk in equal amounts of oil and vinegar.
Raspberries – You can use any berry you have on hand such as strawberries or blueberries.
Yogurt – I like using the vanilla-flavored yogurt for this recipe, but you could use regular or light.
Vinegar – There are many variations to vinegar-rice vinegar, champagne vinegar, wine vinegars (red and white), and balsamic, just to name a few. I keep red wine vinegar on hand, and use it the most.
Vinegar Alternative – Just use fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
The three most important things about this recipe are:
- This dressing will keep about a week in your refrigerator. If it starts to separate, use your whisk to emulsify it.
- This is a great recipe if you have fruit that you need to use right away.
- If you really feel that you need additional sweetness, add a little honey to the recipe.
How should I serve Vinaigrette Recipe with Raspberries and Yogurt?
This dressing works well on any type of leaf salad. In addition, it would be delicious on any type of berry or fruit salad as well.
If you like this recipe, please like and share it–Thanks!
Throw out that store-bought dressing and try this dressing that is fresh, healthy and so much better for you.
- 3 ounces fresh raspberries
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt (regular or light)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
To a medium-size mixing bowl, mash the raspberries using a potato masher.
Using a whisk, whisk in the yogurt until a smooth consistency is achieved. Also whisk in the vinegar.
Drizzle in the olive oil slowly while whisking to incorporate.
If you made this recipe, please let me know what you thought in the comments, and give it a star rating.–xoxo Renea
After you try this vinaigrette recipe, you will understand why I call it a BEST. This dressing would be excellent on my Garden Blueberry Salad with Shrimp. Simply use this dressing instead of the dressing in that recipe. Make it with the raspberries as directed or substitute blueberries. Real Simple has a post titled 11 Types of Vinegar and the Best Uses for Each that can give you some insight into more about the different types of vinegar.
Click HERE for more about Inspire a Creation.